Friday, July 13, 2012

Did You Know?

Here at Matheson Dental we strive to work with many different insurance companies in order to better serve our patients. We have a list of the insurance companies accepted in our office on the right side of this blog and under the Accepted Insurance tab. This list is updated frequently to ensure that the correct information is there for your fast and easy referral.

On occasion there are unique qualifiers that sometimes determine insurance coverage in our office. These qualifiers are not often listed on insurance cards and therefore, can be hard to identify. We would like to provide you with information about these qualifiers to avoid problems that arise from the confusion.

HMO/DMO vs PPO plans: At Matheson Dental we accept plans from all the insurance companies listed on our blog. However, some of these insurance companies participate in different types of plans. Most of these plans have a list of providers from which patients can choose. These types are typically known as PPO, Premier, or regular plans. Some insurance companies also offer HMO or DMO plans. With these plans, a patient may only go to one dentist or doctor who is specified by the insurance company.

We do not participate with HMO plans here at Matheson Dental. Be sure to check on your specific insurance plan to find out what type of plan you have. If you are not sure how to do this or have any questions regarding HMO plans, give us a call. We'd be happy to offer you assistance in any way we can!

8 comments:

rahul said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.

Orthodontist Fairfield CT

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

you should consider visiting dentist in San Jose. The skilled hands of the dentist and hi-tech equipment will turn around your dental health.
San Jose Dentist

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I've been told that dental in Sandy is awesome! I've just been searching around for different ideas. Thanks again for sharing.

Unknown said...

I am in serious need of seeing a dentist sometime soon. One of my molars has been killing me, and there is nothing that I can do to alleviate the pain. I hope that I don't have to get a root canal or anything. http://www.broadmeaddentalcentre.ca

Unknown said...

I have wanted to go to the dentist, but I'm worried about my insurance. Not a lot of dentists carry it. This article gives me a lot of hope! Maybe I will be able to find a dentist that holds my insurance. http://www.cloverdaledentalcentredralexearmme.com/en/about_us.html

Caleb Hart said...

I didn't know that there were so many legal hoops that you have to jump through before you can get treatment. I have been needing to visit the dentist but I don't know how to pay for it. I'm not sure if my health care plan will cover it. All I know, is that I'm in a lot of pain and want it to stop. http://www.aadentalclinic.ca

Anonymous said...

Hello friends, it’s a great article concerning good information and completely defined, keep on all the time. dentures calgary